Wednesday, November 5, 2008

MY AWESOME TESTIMONY

My testimony starts like this:


The story begins after my Raya holiday. Actually I am on holiday since September the 20th, right after my last internship day. So I went back home only during Raya. So when I was at home , I went to fix my wrist. I suppose to stay at home and rest. But I came back cos I missed church, PG, and I didn’t want to miss choir practice for AYA awards. So I told my mum I really had to go cos I have choir practice for AYA awards night. So I told her what was AYA and not forgetting I told her I will be appearing on TV.


So she had to let me go. And I told her I will be back after the practice before deepavali week. She said NO!!!CANNOT!!!. She just wouldn't allow me to come back after practice. So I said ok la I will come back on the 19 october. Still she said cannot. I was so frustrated and I said OK LA! I will come back on the 18. So I promised her I will be coming back on the 18 of october. So after my practice on the 15 october. I told Schaefer that I wont be there for practice for 2 weeks.


Then he said that’s quite long and didn’t you tell your mum you’ll be on TV. I said ya. But still I had to go back home as I promised. I was so sad that I had to go back that weekend by missing 2 weeks of practice. That’s quite a lot to be missed for a soprano. So went I went back home with Olivia in the car, I was so serious and in a deep thinking. So I told Olivia about it. We tried to come up with an idea. Cos if I were to stay back till Wednesday. I have to have a place to stay. Currently,its semester holiday for MMU.


So all electricity and water supply will be cut off by Sunday night or Monday. So I was thinking, even if I stay back where am I going to stay?? We came up with an Idea. I was kinda frustrated about how am I going to tell my mum about it! I was thinking, surely my mum is going to kill me if I am going to tell her I am staying back for the choir practice. Surely she will be questioning me whether family is important or some other things are important.


So I was thinking maybe I should lie to her and tell her that I couldn’t get bus ticket for the weekend because it was all sold out. And maybe then she will let me go and let me come after my practice. But there was a sense of guilt in me telling me I shouldn’t be lying. On Friday night I slept very early after coming back from shopping. While I was sleeping my mum called but I was to tired to pick it up and I was scared too. So the next day I woke up early in the morning still lying on my bed turning left and right to get back my sleep.


I was so troubled about what am I going to say to my mum and its 18 today. So I went praying on my bed while I was lying. I told God: God please help me I am feeling guilty and I know its wrong to lie. God just tell me what am I suppose to do PLEASE. Then right after I prayed. He instructed me to open a book(TOUCHPOINTS FOR STUDENTS). He didn’t tell me which page or what or anything. Nothing. While I was still lying on my bed I took out the book. He told me: Just open it. And so I opened it. To my surprise he wanted to teach me and to give me answers to my prayer I just prayed..


Quotes from the book:title: HOW MY CHARACTER REVEALED IN MY DECISION?


*your decision determine your actions,and your actions show what is in your heart.


Scriptures:(New Living Translation)

PROVERBS: 14:2 

  • Those who follow the right path fear the LORD;tho who take the wrong path despise Him.

PROVERBS 3:6 ;

  • Seek His will in all you do, and He will direct your paths. 

TIMOTHY 3:16

  • All scriptures is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right.

So then I was relieved. I knew that lying wasn’t the best solution but truth is. So then I was ready to tell the truth and to face what ever it takes to tell the truth to my mum. So I called her right after that. While I was dialing, I was still praying: God please bless and be with me thru out the whole conversation. So I told her the truth. To my surprise. She said its ok. Take you time and come back after practice. I never heard her saying this before. And she don’t change her mind easily. After finish talking I was so happy and I thanked and I praised God. God is so good that He helped me in this situation. It is so hard believe that He even changed my mums mind. I was so speechless. And I just couldn’t stop thanking and praising God. So that What my testimony is all about.



No comments: